A Look Inside Sugar Addiction

A Look Inside Sugar Addiction is a series of excerpts from the original book & CD Series, Sugar...the Hidden Eating Disorder & How to Lick It. This book is written in Interactive Self-Hypnosis, by Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht, President & Program Designer, Sarasota Medical Sports & Hypnosis Institute & Joseph Bohorquez, M.D., Medical Director.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Multi-Faceted Addiction

We solve disorderly eating & sugar addiction issues by sharing experiences, gathering information & looking for our own factual research. Disorderly eating & sugar addiction are multi-faceted. In my experience, which goes over 30 years, success is granted to those who are curious & also willing to self-examine & then to work to self-motivate. Those who are looking for a quick fix or who are not willing to be creative with their own problems & issues are simply not going to get out of the problems...Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

I would like to share something with you that happened yesterday. I received a phone call from one of my office clients/patients who is about 3 weeks into her new nutritional program. She has been exercising. She is already fed up & complains that there is nothing more she can do. The scale isn't going down, if fact, it goes up "after dinner." Her bathing suit looks the same. When she looks in the mirror she looks the same. She was highly emotional & even angry at "our unsuccessful attempt" at this. I truly believe she is on her way to stopping, once again, & then will go & look somewhere else.....perhaps the next book, the next program, the next whatever.

Quite honestly, this could be anyone & it was me before I came to terms with "my truth."

This is my truth...

I have an eating disorder. I have always had an eating disorder & always will have an eating disorder....... HOWEVER, I AM NOT MY EATING DISORDER.

This is also my truth...

I am intelligent, wise & mature. I accept my liabilities & honor my assets. I take time to know myself better & then better after that. I will never stop wanting & working to know myself better. I forgive myself for anything & everything. I have compassion for myself. I like myself. I can laugh at myself & those parts of me that are so manipulative & cunning. I sense them outside of myself.

This is also my truth.

I can be a bit lazy when it comes to planning to take care of myself. I don't like certain foods. I don't like meals that look like regular meals. I have secret eating issues. BUT, I AM NOT THESE ISSUES.

Here are some things I have come to accept ...

I have to eat every 3.5 hours. I have to PLAN. I have to stay focused on what my body needs. I cannot eat or drink whatever I want, whenever I want. I have to practice patience. I have to understand that my body does not & will not change over-night. I have to practice body kindness. I have to accept my child-self & work to discipline her with love & education. I have to accept that I have caused damage to my body over the years & that it is like a used car.....but it still runs.....& will continue to run well IF I care for it EVERY DAY, not just when I have a whim about my bathing suit or some thing else.

It helps to write your truths. It also is important to address your liabilities & your assets. Write those down.... when you write something, the subconscious mind takes it in & then works with it to assist you.

Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, President & Program Designer for Sarasota Medical & Sports Hypnosis Institute located in Sarasota, FL & online at http://www.hypnosis-audio.com & http://www.sugar-addiction.comShe is the author of Sugar....the Hidden Eating Disorder & How to Lick It, as well as +350 audio CD's & mp3's. The websites include moderated discussion groups, ezines, library & a host of other educational tools for learning Interactive Self-Hypnosis. Visit the online Boot Camp & work directly with the author. Download a free mp3 each month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home